Also included in
- Kindergarten Sight Words BUNDLE for PreK-1!Increase your students' engagement in literacyTeacher guide is organized with activities, printables, and songs with QR codesA list of 62 most common high-frequency words taught with proven strategies! Your students will soon find reasons to read and write$21.00$32.00Save $11.00
Teachers Have Been WAITING for this combined resource!
Teach 32 sight words (we call them "heart words") spelling songs and chants easily because now each is accompanied with a QR code!
**A Nellie Edge TpT FAVORITE**
Don't know how to scan a QR code?
We teach you!
Over 60 new and updated resource pages for distance or classroom learning.
- Multisensory lessons for writing sight words
- Parent letters
- Sign language video links for spelling songs
- CVC words
- Word lists that young writers use 70% of the time
- Celebration of learning with a class book
- Family calendar for at-home literacy
- Coaching parents about phoneme awareness and practice
- How to talk to students about their writing (growth mindset)
- Optimal Learning Model: Differentiated learning
- Visible Learning Research
- Guidelines for starting in September
- How to earn the university credit you deserve!
Build circles of kindergarten writing mastery with "heart word" sentences.
Find more support here in this blog!
Learn BEST ways to teach sight words at Nellie Edge Heart Word (Sight Word) Program
Songs and Chants Include:
1. L-o-v-e Spells Love (see online video at NellieEdge.com/sightwords)
2. The “I” Chant
3. I Always Start My Letters at the Top, traditional
4. M-o-m Spells Mom (to the tune of "L-o-v-e Spells Love" - see online video at NellieEdge.com/sightwords)
5. The Spelling Chant, author unknown (see online video at NellieEdge.com/sightwords)
6. S-e-e Spells See (tune of Are You Sleeping?)
7. L-i-k-e Spells Like (tune of L-o-v-e Spells Love)
8. I Can! c-a-n (inspiration from Kathy Bridges)
9. Have you Ever Spelled Have?
10. We Can Write “By Heart” Words (inspiration from Diane Bonica)
11. I Can Spell Cat, A Nellie Edge Read and Sing Big Book™
12. My House (inspiration from Julie Lay)
13. You’re My Friend: F-r-i-e-n-d
14. Thank You
15. I Can Spell Because
16. M-Y My Rhymes with B-Y By (musical inspiration from Rosalie Karalekas)
17. B-o-o-k Book!
18. D-e-a-r Dear Song
19. Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star: A-r-e Spells Are
21. I Am Very, Very Happy: H-a-p-p-y (inspiration from Gina Edge)
22. T-h-i-s Spells This (tune of You’re in the Army Now)
23. There’s an “ing” in King (see online video NellieEdge.com/sightwords)
24. F-R-O-M Spells From
25. I Said S-a-i-d
26. Write a Letter Song: To and From (inspiration from Winter Curry)
27. My Favorite New Word
28. “Heart Word” Poem
29. Helper of the Day Song (inspiration from Katie Nelson) (words and instrumental)
30. Once Upon a Time: O-n-c-e Once! (inspiration from Laura Flocker)
31. Prolific Writers Are We!
32. T-H-E E-N-D! Chant (see online video at NellieEdge.com/sightwords)
This is already a part of Kindergarten Sight Word Bundle
Click HERE to Follow My Store and to be notified of new Nellie Edge Kindergarten (PreK-1) products. All new items are listed at 50% off for the first 48 hours after posting! Leave feedback and earn TpT credits.
Find resources and support on my website, NellieEdge.com
SMILES for joyful teaching and learning,