Valentine's Day will soon be here and your kiddos will be so excited to distribute their cards that it might be a bit of a challenge to keep them engaged. This collection of activities offers a simple solution to that problem.
There are 4 literacy and 8 math centers - all with a valentine theme.
These games are suitable for first graders and second graders in need of additional support.
*ar, er, ir, or, ur word work mats for your small group routine
* 8 abc order to the first letter
* 12 compound word fill-in-the-blank sentences
* a self-checking contraction rebus puzzle
* 18 3-digit addition problems
* skip counting by 10 - both on and off the decade, forward/backward
* matching 10's/1's model to a given number
* count, record, graph valentine candy
* 8 valentine related word problems (including adding/subtracting double digits with no regrouping)
* greater than / less than
* what number sits between the two given numbers
* true/false balanced equations
Recording sheets are included - enjoy!