Heat – A Fourth Grade PowerPoint Introduction is a PowerPoint 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a PowerPoint presentation of the text along with two editable slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction to heat terminology (heat, conduction, convection, radiation, conductor, and insulator)
• Heat transfer
• Measuring and changing temperature (including Fahrenheit and Celsius). Practice thermometer included on slide
• How heat travels (conduction, convection, and radiation)
• Insulators and conductors (w/examples)
• Changing matter with heat (physical changes, chemical changes, change of state)
The last 2 slides are white-background slides used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The review slides and printables:
• Activity one has students identifying terminology through a matching activity. Terms included are chemical change, change of state, heat, radiation, convection, conduction, physical change, heat transfer, insulator, and conduction
• Activity two has students matching the type of heat transfer (conduction, convection, and radiation) with the 8 pictures