Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.23 MB | 12 pages
Heat – A Third Grade SmartBoard Introduction is a 3rd grade level SmartBoard instructional presentation.
This lesson focuses heat. The lesson includes:
• Terminology (heat, temperature, thermometer, degree, conductor, and insulator).
• What is heat/how is heat formed?
• Measuring temperature. Introduction to varying rates of temperature change.
• Changes in matter due to heat.
• Controlling heat with conductors and insulators.
• How animals use insulators.
• Changing energy.
Also included are 2 SmartBoard activities that are also available in PDF form for individual work/assignment.
• Students will explain a cartoon related to heat.
• Worksheet with 4 thermometer readings, 6 identifications of conductors/insulators, and 1 short answer question.