Two page lab for students to discover heat flow by conduction. This is the traditional lab done by physical science and earth science students - here are some of the procedures so you can get an idea:
1. Fill the insulated cup marked cold with cold water provided by your teacher. Quickly replace the lid.
2. After your instructor fills the other insulated cup with hot water, carefully, and quickly replace the lid.
3. When the thermometer in the “hot” cup reaches its highest point, record this temperature under Time 0 on your Report Sheet. At exactly the same time your partner should read and record the temperature of the “cold” cup.
4. Continue taking temperature readings for both cups at one minute intervals for a total of 20 minutes.
5. Graph the recorded data, drawing both curves on one set of axes. Use time for the horizontal axis.