This set of paired passages includes a nonfiction passage and a fiction passage about heat. The passages would be a great supplement for teaching about heat, conduction, convection, and radiation. Pick and choose what close reading activities your students need the most. You could use them all and allow the passage to serve as close reading material for a week. These can be used for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade students.
Your Purchase Will Include:
- 1 nonfiction passage
- 1 fiction passage
- 10 multiple choice comprehension questions
- Full page anchor chart for reading paired passages
- Mini anchor charts for reading paired passages
- Compare and contrast organizer and short answer question
- Main idea cut and sort
- Written response tasks for each passage
- Cause and effect cut and paste
- Vocabulary organizer
- Summary task
- 3 Writing Prompts for Narrative, Persuasive, and Informational writing
- Pacing Guide
Take a peek at the preview for a better picture of what is included!
If you own the Science Paired Passage Bundle
, please do not purchase this. You already own it. If you are interested in the bundle, click here.
Other Products Available In My Store:
Fossils Paired Passages
Magnets Paired Passages
Franklin Roosevelt and Eleanor Roosevelt Paired Passages
Paired Passages Holiday Bundle
Earn TPT Credits for Your Future Purchases:
- Go to your “My Purchases” page and click “Provide Feedback.”
To Be the First to Know About New Products and Freebies:
- Click the green star to follow me!