This investigation is meant to deepen student understanding of heat transfer! Students get to examine convection, conduction and radiation while heating marshmallows at three different stations.
The 4 pages for students include sections for the students to:
- demonstrate understanding of heat transfer prior to investigation
- predict outcome of investigation
- understand procedures for investigation
- record guided and detailed observations
- analyze the data collected
- reflect on the data collected AND prior understanding
- write guided conclusion based on observations
- synthesize how their observations support their conclusions
- reflect on something they would change if they repeated the investigation
There are 3 labels: one conduction, one convection, one radiation for you to place at your stations in your classroom. Station labels include important notes for students at each investigation.
There are also 3 pages of TIPS and PICS on setup, how to save $$ when putting this investigation together for your classes and more.