Teaching heat transfer? This bundle has everything you need to teach your students about what heat is. 34 bright, visual PowerPoint slides help to explain the types of heat transfer (conduction, convection and radiation), temperature, conductors and insulators and so much more! Examples, links to videos, activities an experiments are all contained within. The PowerPoint is also available as a PDF within this bundle for those that cannot access the slides due to their operating system and can be viewed in programs such as Preview and Acrobat.
Specifically, the slides investigate the following:
2-5: What is heat?
6-7: Heat experiment #1
7-8: Measuring Heat (temperature)
9: Activity #1: Temperature (using thermometers)
10-19: Heat transfer. Conduction, convection and radiation.
20-22: Activity #2: Heat transfer sort with answer key
23-27: Conductors and Insulations of heat
28 -29: Activity #3: Conductors and Insulators sort with answer key
30-31: Heat experiment #2
32: Activity #4: Revision of unit poster
19. What is an insulator
20. Link to animated video
21. Conductor and insulator sort
22. Experiment with heat transfer
23. Explanation of why and link to video
This product aligns with Australian Curriculum Physical Science Year 3 (2018):
Heat can be produced in many ways and can move from one object to another (ACSSU049)
- Identifying changes that occur in everyday situations due to heating and cooling
- Exploring how heat can be transferred through conduction
- Recognising that we can feel heat and measure its effects using a thermometer