This Heat Transfer product is a physical science pack for teaching conduction, convection and radiation.
This Physical Science unit comes with:
**An EDITABLE PowerPoint with 20+ slides covering...**
1. What is heat?
3. Temperature and heat
4. Transfer of Heat
5. Experiment: Watching dye travel in hot and cold water instructions
6. Explanation of results
7. 3 ways heat can transfer
8. Conduction explained
9. Convection explained
10. Radiation explained
11. Activity 1: Students work in pairs to complete conduction, convection and radiation scenario sort
12. Table of heat transfer using pictures and diagrams
13. Answers to Activity 1 scenario sort
14. As above
15. Activity 2: Using header words to create Heat transfer poster
16. Picture example
17. Heat conductors and insulators
18. What is a conductor
19. What is an insulator
20. Link to animated video
21. Conductor and insulator sort
22. Experiment with heat transfer
23. Explanation of why and link to video
This PowerPoint also explains heat conductors and insulators. Two science experiments are explained and modelled within the PowerPoint. Photographs of these science experiments are also included within PowerPoint (my class!)
** Scenario Sort **
Students get into groups, read each mini scenario and decide what type of heat transfer it would be (convection, conduction or radiation). It also comes with cute headings to make a poster about these types of heat transfer. Photo of a finished product is included within slide.
A heat transfer poster for students to complete.
Aligns with Australian Curriculum Physical Science Year 3 (2015)