Everything you need for Helen Keller and the Big Storm through Pearson Reading Street!
Charts, Webs, Concept talks, Sentence Frames, Text-Based Questions, Games, Literacy Centers, Supplementary Activities, Vocabulary Cards, Practice Stations, and MUCH MORE!
This Common Core Standards Aligned Activity Packet correlates with the Scott Foreman Reading Street Series for 2nd grade. Helen Keller and the Big Storm is Unit 4, Week 5, but can be used as a book study as well! This packet includes everything for teachers to make Pearson as teacher friendly as possible! There are various activity/student centers for all the content covered throughout this week, including many things we find lacking as a teacher: definitions for spelling words AND academic vocabulary used throughout the week, common core-aligned reading and writing activities such as text-based/evidence-based comprehension questions, Day 1-5 concept talks with sentence frames, story sequence activities, and literature stations, etc. Student friendly directions, and every chart, table, and graphic organizer at your fingertips for the week (blank AND filled in) to address time managements issues with the curriculum, and MORE! THIS IS THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE WEEKLY PEARSON PACKET and REAL COMMON CORE STANDARDS ALIGNED PACKET AVAILABLE!
• Refrigerator Page for Parents/Student Reference
• Multiple Meaning Activities
• Features of Narrative Nonfiction
• Weekly Reference Sheet (all words and definitions)
• ‘Wind’ Expository Text Open Book Quiz/Answer Key
• Word Sort/Answer Key
• Using Multiple Meaning Words in Sentences
• Vowel Sound Sort
• Homographs activity
• Onomatopoeia Activities
• My Weather Predicting Journal
• Student Directions
• Character Opinion Writing with Evidence
• Is it Fact or Opinion? Activities
• Is it Fact or Opinion Card Game
• Daily Concept talks with Sentence Frames
• Story Sequencing Game/Activities
• Fact/Detail-Opinion (Main Idea) Webs
• ABC order spelling word activity
• Concept Webs
• Daily Writing Day 1-5
• Matching Word Cards and Answer Keys for:
Vocabulary Words (including academic vocabulary!)
(Student Answer Keys included for all words to
promote universal access/independent practice/small group
• Daily Writing Journal through a Common Core lens
• Retelling Writing Activity/Literacy Center
• Text-Based Comprehension Questions (with and without page numbers)
• Amazing Words sentence frames and definitions
• Vocabulary Fill-in Sentences
• Adverbs- Daily Conventions
• Fluent Sentence Reading
• Daily Fix-It and Answer Key
• Sequence Graphic Organizer
• The Big Storm Literature Elements Comprehension Page
Thank you for checking out our store! We have lots of other second grade weekly units! Check them out!
Earn your TpT point by leaving us feedback!