Hello Halloween is a unit full of Halloween fun which includes five literacy centers. There is a scrolling preview if you want to see sample pages. The concepts covered in this unit are:
1. Sentence Sense: Sort the cards together that have the same picture. arrange the cards in order so that the sentence makes sense. Record the sentence on the recording sheet.
2. Halloween Syllable Sort: Sort the cards under the main cards indicating the number of syllables. Write the answers on the recording sheet.
3. Halloween ABC Order: Sort all of the cards that have the same picture and put them together. arrange the cards that are alike into ABC order and record them on the recording sheet. There are two recording sheets per page. Cut the two sheets in half and let each student choose which two they want to complete.
4. Halloween Sight Word Game: Place the cards face down on the card mat. Each student picks a sight word card. If they read the card they get to move to the next game square. If they miss the word they have to move back a square. The game uses all of the first grade dolch sight words.
5. Halloween Verb and Noun Sort: Sort the cards under the header cards marked "Nouns" and "Verbs". Record all of the nouns and verbs on the recording sheet provided.
Fabulously First Blog
Fabulously First on FB