Cheaper than Hamilton tickets and much easier to get! This is the perfect product to help teach about the lives of Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr to kids!
There are 24 student pages (48 page total) with extension activities for the book Aaron and Alexander by Don Brown. The student pages I have created require students to use the information they have learned from the book to answer different types of questions about the lives of Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton. They also provide an easy way to compare the two men’s lives.
Along with the comprehension components of the student pages are 2 character trait sheets and three writing activities that ask students to respond to quotes from the book and write an opinion essay and defend the actions of either Burr or Hamilton.
This product is perfect for the teachers who cover U.S. History with their classes. It also works very well as a stand alone activity for students who have taken an interest in Hamilton’s life.
If you are looking for a mind at work, this is a great product for you! If you are a teacher who has never been satisfied with the current Hamilton materials available for your students, this will not disappoint. Don’t throw away your shot at getting this literacy pack. Sorry - no more Hamilton references. I could not help myself.
This product contains activities for the following topics:
• Aaron Burr’s Childhood
• Alexander Hamilton’s Childhood
• Finding Similarities: Childhood
• Aaron Burr’s Schooling
• Alexander Hamilton’s Schooling
• Finding Similarities: Schooling
• Aaron Burr During Wartime
• Alexander Hamilton During Wartime
• Finding Similarities: Wartime
• Aaron Burr Post-War
• Alexander Hamilton Post-War
• Finding Similarities: Post-War
• Aaron Burr and the Election of 1800
• Alexander Hamilton and the Election of 1800
• Finding Similarities: Election of 1800
• Aaron Burr and The Duel
• Alexander Hamilton and The Duel
• Aftermath of The Duel
• Aaron Burr’s Character Traits
• Alexander Hamilton’s Character Traits
• Writing Activity: “Despicable”
• Writing Activity: Burr Quote
• Opinion Writing: Who Was Right?
• Word Search Activity
ANSWER KEY IS PROVIDED WHERE APPLICABLE.