This product was designed to help 5th-8th grade students gain a deeper understanding of the inventions created during the first and second American Industrial Revolution. In my classroom, I give dedicated project hour time each day - however this could easily be adapted to be used as a quick one or two hour mini-project. Students are required to conduct independent research on an invention of their choosing (suggestions are included), take careful notes, and then create a final advertisement helping promote their invention!
Included in this project you will find:
- Guidelines & Explanation of Project Expectations
- Student Note & Research Packet
- List of suggested Genius Questions for research
- Rubric for Genius Projects
- Sample advertisement for reference
This project could easily be adapted to meet social studies, science, or language arts standards, and could be used in the following ways:
- Reflective writing after research
- Creative projects after Industrial Revolution unit in SS
- Enrichment activity after Inventor Mini Unit in Science
- Independent/Challenge enrichment for early finishers in Language Arts
After downloading, please rate and review this product!