Hi! Feeling stressed, tired, and overwhelmed? Need a helping hand with some therapy materials or homework? Well, here's another Fabulous Freebie from JustSpeechieSLP.blogspot.com to help you out!
I've created a black-and-white (to help you save colored ink ;) sentence activity that can be used five ways! I plan to use this both in therapy and as homework for many different students! Here's some ideas for use:
1. Sentence repetition: play the board game and have the student repeat each sentence verbatim.
2. Auditory Closure: play the board game, read each sentence, then repeat but leave off the last word for the student to fill in the blank.
3. Compound sentences: play the board game and have the student draw two cards per turn to combine with “and” on the mat.
4. Present, past, and future tense verbs: play the board game and have the student say the sentence in past, present, and future tense while moving the card along the mat (e.g., “Yesterday I washed the dishes”, “Today I am washing the dishes”, “Tomorrow I will wash the dishes”
5. Social inferencing: play the board game and ask the student how someone might feel if the student did that.
Included are 40 4-8 word sentence cards, ten blank cards to make your own, past/present/future mat, “and” mat, board game.
Oh, and please extend me the helping hand and leave feedback!
Just Speechie SLP :-)