From Electric English...
This is a comprehensive packet for Ernest Hemingway, his life, and several of his short stories. You might notice as you peruse my store that each of these items is listed individually, as well as, bundled. For example, an answer key for an assessment will be listed separate from the assessment itself.... This is not because I am greedy or want to squeeze one more dollar out of you. Had I included the answer key with the assessment, I would have listed the price at a dollar higher anyway.
No, I list everything separate because as a teacher, I know, that sometimes you want some material but do not want other material. And, you should not have to pay for items you do not need. To continue with my previous example, you might just want to do the answer key yourself and save the money.... I completely understand the need to save money; what teacher doesn't :) But if you do want it all...
This packet contains about two weeks of work, give or take a day. I have, intentionally, not included lesson plans with these packets because I feel, at times, they can be stifling.... The idea here is; you can pick and choose whatever material you want; in whatever order you want (depending on the time you have); instead of, constantly feeling like you must adhere to a certain schedule. Plus, this way, you have many resources at your disposal and can mix and match from year to year depending on your mood. This packet contains the following:
- Hemingway 2-Column Notes (These notes accompany the A and E Biography: Ernest Hemingway: Wrestling with Life. This is a great video because it gives the class a solid feel for the type of man Hemingway was, and how this contributed to the creation of his work. This biography is always a crowd favorite...)
- Biography: Essential Journal Questions Powerpoint (These accompany the information the students will learn about his life and his work.)
- Notes: Annotating a Text
- Notes: Annotating a Text - Student Examples
- Notes: Argumentation and Persuasion
- A Clean Well-Light Place: Full Text
- A Clean Well-Light Place: Analysis Questions
- A Clean Well-Light Place: Essential Journal Questions Powerpoint
- The End of Something: Full Text
- The End of Something: Analysis Questions
- The End of Something: Essential Journal Questions Powerpoint
- Informational Text "Shortest Short Story Ever"
- Informational Text "Was 'Papa" a Truly Great Writer?"
- Poem " Along with Youth" by Ernest Hemingway
- Poem "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night" by Dylan Thomas
- Song "Don't Speak by No Doubt
- Song "Old Man" by Neil Young
Please contact me with any questions or observations you might have :)