This packet contains a whopping 32 student page guide to use with the book "Henry Huggins" by Beverly Cleary. This is the first novel that was written by Beverly Cleary. Do you want a literature guide that shows the love a boy has for his new found dog and the mischief boys can get into? Do your students enjoy the "Ramona" series? Then this is the book guide for you. This is an AR book with an ATOS level of 4.3 and is worth 3 points.
This guide contains:
- 1 Packet Cover for students
- 6 Chapter Questions Pages (answer comprehension questions, predict, infer, and connect with text)
- 12 Chapter Activities (illustrate, explain, recall, predict - critical thinking)
- 14 "During and After" Worksheets (character map, pre-made story sequence strips to order, details of the story, describe a character, key ideas and details, craft and story structure to show plot development, character traits, fill-in cause and effect, letter to the author, favorite part, new vocabulary words identification, events in the story and explaining why they are important, making connections with the text, compare and contrast characters)
- Story Sequence Answer Key
- 3 Instructional Sheets
Please check out the "preview" before buying. It has more examples of the worksheets included in this packet.
To see how I use literature units in my classroom, visit my blog!
Thanks for looking!
** MORE LITERATURE GUIDES TO COME! **