PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Well-known in the Confederate States, Timrod is somewhat obscure now. To familiarize students with him, I have created this short unit, for which there is one sample each of three different styles and topics of his poetry. Included in this unit are -
- the text of three poems, each on their own worksheet: "The Past," "Sonnet: I Thank You," and "Ode on the Confederate Dead."
- questions about the structure and meaning of each poem,
- a short biography of Timrod,
- a short poetry term review quiz,
- a small word search,
- teacher suggestions
- a word study page, with spelling ladder.
- Answers Included