This product was updated on January 15, 2016.. If you already own this product, please redownload it to get all of the new printables FREE.
This package includes all you will will need for six centers to
reinforce skills taught in Henry and Mudge. There are also printables and fun activities that your students will love. The Common Core Standards are listed. This is a great supplement to use with your Reading Street Curriculum.
Spelling Center – Rainbow write the spelling words/ Write the spelling word that matches each meaning/ Use letter tiles to spell the spelling words/ Write sentences with spelling words/ Write spelling words in ABC order
High-Frequency Word Center – Use letter stamps and spell the words/ Use play-doe to trace the words/ Write the word and color the words the given color./ Write sentences with words/ Sort words according to number of syllables
Phonics Center – Use a magnifying glass and find words with suffixes –ly and –ful in the playful kitten/ Find words with vowel sound oo in the moon / Phonics Game – sort ew, ue, ui, and oo pictures and then record the words.
Listening Center – After listening to “Henry and Mudge and Mrs. Hopper’s House", answer questions.
Writing Center – Students will write a story about their favorite costume./ Correct Fix-It sentences
Vocabulary Center- Match Amazing Words and Selection Words with definitions/ Choose two words to write a sentence and draw a picture/ Develop vocabulary by answering questions about your Amazing Words.
(1) Add and subtract to find High-Frequency Words.
(2) Add to find words with vowel sound oo.
(3) Read and color High-Frequency words to make a spring picture/Read and color words with the vowel sound oo to make a cool dude.
(4) Color a hundred's chart to find a word that has the vowel sound oo.
(5) Roll the dice to practice writing spelling words.
(6) Write the correct word to finish the sentence.
(7) Read a story and find the oo words/ Write the words
(8) Read a story. Find the cause and effect.
(9) Read a story. Answer the questions.
Highlight the adjective that compares./ Write the adjective
Use adjectives to describe your teacher.
Spelling Words and High-Frequency Words are included for your Word Wall.