Help your students understand the terms herbivore, carnivore and omnivore and learn to apply those labels to a variety of forest animals.
This pack is focused around 24 information cards. They consist of a couple simple sentences describing what different animals eat. For example:
• Deer eat green plants, nuts and fruits when possible. They eat evergreen needles, fallen leaves and twigs in the winter.
• Wolves hunt moose, elk and deer in packs. They also eat smaller animals like rabbits, mice and small birds.
• Bears eat plants, berries, insects and nuts. They also eat fish, rodents and other small animals.
Each card has pictures cues to help access the key information.
Herbivore, carnivore and omnivore flashcards are provided along with food flashcards and animal images.
3 levels include:
• Whole group activity where the teacher reads the cards. Students take turns sorting the animal images based on the information read.
• Small group work with students reading the cards and sorting the cards themselves.
• Independent work completing the sorting worksheets provided, or writing about an animal using the information cards and flashcards provided.