About this Product
• This product includes homework assignments designed to be completed in 15 to 20 minutes independently.
• Homework worksheets align with my interactive notebook chapters.
• Answer key included.
• Download FREE Daily Homework assignments to learn more about my homework resources
• Save 45% with the Life Science Complete Curriculum
• Save 50% with the Integrated Science Complete Curriculum
Homework #1: What is heredity?
Homework #2: Inherited vs. Learned Traits
Homework #3: Nature vs. Nurture
Homework #4: The Environment & Gene Expression
Homework #5: Introduction to Genetics
Homework #6: Human Heredity
Homework #7: Chromosomes & Karyotyping
Homework #8: Mendel’s Experiments & Laws
Homework #9: Dominant & Recessive Alleles
Homework #10: Punnett Squares
Homework #11: Non-Mendelian Genetics
Homework #12: DNA
Homework #13: RNA
Homework #14: Transcription & Translation
Homework #15: DNA Replication
Homework #16: Mutations
Homework #17: Genetics Diseases
Homework #18: Pedigrees
Homework #19: Genetic Technology
Homework #20: Gel Electrophoresis
Differentiation and Tiering
A colored shape code is denoted to help you differentiate concepts:
• Homework with a green circle cover basic ideas and understandings.
• Homework with a blue square cover intermediate ideas and understandings.
• Homework with a black diamond cover advanced ideas and understandings.
Each homework has three tasks with a "signal strength" to probe lower, mid and higher order thinking:
• Task 1 questions with a “low” signal assess whether students can remember, recall and understand facts.
• Task 2 questions with a “medium” signal assess whether students can apply, analyze or explain information.
• Task 3 questions with a “high” signal assess whether students can evaluate, judge or interpret information.
• This resource aligns with NGSS 3-LS3-1, 3-LS3-2, MS-LS1-5, MS-LS3-1, MS-LS3-2 & MS-LS4-5.
• All rights reserved by Stephanie Elkowitz.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only.
• Intended for classroom and personal use only.
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view.
• Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).