Heritage Scavenger Hunt is a resource designed to be used on a field trip to make looking an exploring and understanding tangible and intangible heritage becomes a fun treasure hunt.
To provide students with an opportunity to become more aware of the world around them and to investigate the qualities and attributes identified by UNESCO’s world heritage (tangible and intangible) criteria.
• Researchers, communities, historians and archaeologists use technical language to discuss and explain history and heritage
• People make choices about what needs preserving and how it needs preserving
• Exploring the world and interacting with others will introduce us to new words and lead to new understandings
Subject links: History (HSIE/ HYMMANITIES/ CULTURE), Arts, Social Studies
Included in the resource:
• Ideas for use
• 24 scavenger hunt cards with word and picture clues
• “So What” reflection- to support synthesise of ideas