Products in this Bundle (11)
showing 1-5 of 11 products
Also included in
- This bundle will give you a starting point for teaching a Spanish for Heritage Speakers class. What's inside?First Day of Heritage Speaker Class QuestionnaireHeritage Speakers Unit: La identidad Profe por un momentoEl círculo literarioHeritage Speakers Unit: Cultura por todo el mundo hispanohablante$123.30$137.00Save $13.70
¿Quieren aprender sus estudiantes sobre todos los países hispanohablantes?
This unit is designed for heritage speaker students or advanced learners of Spanish because the student materials and videos are in Spanish.
How to use this resource:
Students take notes, watch the embedded videos and take the quiz on each country.
The overall learning objective for this unit is for students to be exposed
to the diverse cultural products and practices throughout the Spanishspeaking
word. Most heritage students are very knowledgeable about
their own family heritage and culture, but do not have much exposure
to the rest of the Spanish-speaking world.
In this unit, students will learn geography, flags, capitals, and popular
cultural components and people for all 21 Spanish-speaking countries.
There are videos embedded into each slideshow that will transport
students to that country. They will see aerial footage of the landscape
and cities, watch cultural dances, and even learn how to cook authentic
Sus estudiantes aprenderán:
- Música y bailes
- Comida y bebidas
- Lenguaje coloquial
- Días festivos
This resource is compatible with distance learning and can also be used for in-person teaching.
Included in this product:
- Google Slides presentation about each country with embedded videos for further learning.
- Student note-taking sheets (both PDF & Google Slide versions)
- 5 question quiz about each country (multiple-choice format)
- Google Form exam on geography, capitals, and flags (50 multiple choice questions)
Bonus items included:
- Teaching tips and lesson ideas for the unit
- Culture grid activity
- Capitals matching worksheet
- Activity ideas for teaching capitals & geography
Google Slides, Google Docs, PDF. All text is EDITABLE. Please make sure you are comfortable using Google Drive products before purchasing.
This unit can be spaced out throughout the year or taught all at once. For
example, you could study one country every two weeks (mixed with other
curriculum) throughout the school year. Or you could teach two to three
countries a week. If you teach this unit straight through it will last you around 1.5-2 months (depending on how many other supplemental activities you add-in).
More distance learning resources:
Mi vida híbrida Google Doc assignment for heritage speakers
Find me on social media:
Did you know that when I upload a new product, that product is 50% off for the first 24 hrs? Click here to follow my store so you don't miss a half-price product again!
Get access to the FREEBIE FOLDER on my blog here.