This is a 13 day guided unit for heritage speakers class based on 50 minute class periods. The teacher instructions are in English but all of the student materials are in Spanish. Materials are in PDF format (not editable) plus two Google Form assessments (editable).
In this unit students will...
- identify different accents in the Spanish speaking world.
- write synonyms in Spanish.
- recognize the difference between dialect and standard language.
- appreciate the value that all dialects hold.
- learn why we have accents.
- practice recognition of which dialects/accents belong to which countries.
- take notes on phrases used in various countries.
- recognize key characteristics of Spanish from Spain.
- work in groups of four to create a presentation on a dialect.
Included in this unit:
- Daily lesson plan instructions for the teacher
- Two slideshow presentations for class discussion
- Worksheets, graphic organizer, and video links
- Research project instructions and rubric
- Practice test (Google Form)
- Listening test (Google Form)
- Vocabulary test
You may also like: Heritage Speakers Unit: La biografía de una persona influyente en mi vida