PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
With the right tools, your students can write confident and compelling narrative pieces. These bundled lessons apply secrets from master storytellers to build on existing skills, Students will discover how a character’s flaws or mistakes can become the engine for an electrifying plot. Your students will learn to -
* Craft compelling, honest, potentially hilarious characters using techniques including psychology.
* Quickly set themselves up for a successful first draft.
* See that it’s good for a story when nothing goes according to plan.
* Add a rough edge to the over-perfect characters that can make a story too obvious.
* Use a secret weapon when they are looking for character inspiration.
Speaking and listening, reading comprehension, planning, writing, reviewing.
Understanding the author’s craft: story shape
Composition: generating ideas, planning and drafting
Composition: shaping and constructing language for expression and effect
Speaking and Listening
Developing active listening skills and strategies
Group discussion and interaction: Developing and adapting discussion skills and strategies
Resources included in this plan
Reading and Comprehension activities
Mini and Comprehensive writing activities
Famous quotes for discussion
Story planner for students
Online resource links
Please contact Claire Vorster for free resources, or with other questions.