The Hero Opinion Writing is a writing unit that can be used for teaching opinion writing, a common core standard. It can also be used with the social studies unit on People Who Make a Difference.
For this writing, students learn to identify characteristics of a hero, who can be a hero, notable heroes in history, and utilize their learning in writing a personal opinions about an everyday hero and a hero in history. There are additional ideas for publishing and fun activities/craftivities.
* Step-by-step lessons for teaching opinion writing
* Hero Writing Organizer
* Hero Mind maps- blanks and an example of completed map
* Hero Characteristics printable
* 2 printables of characteristics vocabulary with definitions
* Fact and Opinion suggested lesson, examples, sentence starters
* Hero Recipe Card activity and 2 recipe card options
* Hero Class Book cover
* Pictures of completed hero characters and blank hero characters
* Hero Writing paper form
High Resolution for excellent print quality – 300 dpi resolution
DJ Inkers Commercial License#2: #0113180123