Help your students organize and write a narrative essay following the structure of the Hero's journey with this Google Docs / Classroom ready graphic organizer. No more messy formatting errors upon converting from .pdf or .docx to Google Docs; however, these file formats are also included in the download for your convenience.
What is the Hero's Journey?
Identified by Joseph Campbell, The Hero's Journey is a narrative pattern or structure that commonly appears in storytelling, myths, drama, and other narrative story types. The hero's journey can be divided into three "acts": the departure, the initiation, and the return. Each act contains a series of stages which the hero goes through to complete their journey. By using Campbell's Hero's Journey you will be able to guide your students through the writing process by providing a model for storytelling.
Why should you buy this product?
This product offers two differentiated levels of graphic organizers and writing checklists to help you reach all of your students. The level 1 graphic organizer asks students to answer essential guiding questions in order to outline their writing. The level 2 graphic organizer asks students to complete specific writing tasks to guide them through a rough draft.
What's included in this download?
* An editable .DOCX Version of both (level 1 and level 2) graphic organizers.
* An editable .DOCX Version of both (level 1 and level 2) checklist handouts.
* A ready to print .PDF Version of both (level 1 and level 2) graphic organizer.
* An editable .PDF Version of both (level 1 and level 2) checklist handouts.
* A .PDF file with instructions to download the GoogleDocs Versions
Feel free to post a question to this product if you need help. Feedback is also appreciated!