Learning about hero's stories or archetypes? Have students practice this with a creative writing assignment! This product will have students write a short story about a hero who goes on all 5 stages of the hero's journey plot pattern archetype. It has an outline for that, dialogue guides, a rubric, and more.
There is an additional outline to expand the project to include other archetypes as well such as character archetypes, symbol archetypes, etc. The different outlines in this packet allow you to differentiate learning and challenge more advanced or older students. The basic outline is perfect for younger or average students.
Check out my blog post to learn more about this project:
- Plot Pattern Overview handout (explains all 5 stages)
- Instruction sheet with room for page length and deadline due date
- hero's journey 5 stages outline (2 pages)
- other archetypes outline 2 page version
- other archetypes outline 1 page version
- Dialogue How-To (2 pages)
- A teacher's guide explaining how it can be differentiated and how I have used it.