Walk students through the stages of the Hero's Journey with this beautiful Powerpoint featuring a female heroine and Disney's Moana as an example of the hero's journey archetype!
Connects to Grade 6 Module 1 ELA curriculum - Myths: Not Just Long Ago.
- Background on Joseph Campbell's monomyth
- Popular examples of the hero's journey including Star Wars, Harry Potter, A Christmas Carol, Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, etc.
Explanation of each stage...
- Call to Adventure/Crossing the Threshold
- Meeting the Mentor
- Reward/Seizing the Sword
- Return Home/Road Back
- Application of Hero's Journey to Disney's Moana
- Writing Reflection: Applying the hero's journey to your own life
Original artwork depicting each stage featuring a young, Hispanic female in the role of the hero!
Clip art can be purchased separately here: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Heros-Journey-graphics-starring-a-Hispanic-female-3176833