Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.28 MB | 91 pages
* 14 Genre Posters
* 3 Point of View Posters + 3 Third Person POV subcategory and 10 pronoun minis
* 45 kid-friendly Common Core Standard cards for Fiction, Nonfiction, and Speaking & Listening
* Analytical Writing (known as the TEPAC model) bulletin board pieces: (67 sentence starter strips, 5 category labels + word labels)
* TEPAC rubric
* TEPAC notebook reference
* Guided sample for TEPAC
* Analytical writing Test
* 4 Common Core Standards Posters specific to the type of essay being written
* 1 extended poster of 8th grade Common Core Grammar standards
* Cooperative Group Job Name Tags (7 job options for up to 9 groups)
* Cooperative group job expectations sheet
I am an 8th grade teacher, so those are the standards I use. However, it is my understanding that the standards are...well, "common" across grade levels.
In writing these kid-friendly versions I kept things general and did not label them specific to 8th grade (for example rather than typing, "RL-8-1.1" I typed, "RL 1-1". Because of this, it is possible that these will go along with your grade level.
Here is a sampling of my wording for the Reading Literature Standards:
I can provide textual evidence that strongly supports my inferences & analysis of the text.
I can determine the theme of a text.
I can analyze the development of the theme throughout the text.
I can analyze the relationship of the theme to the characters, setting, and plot of a text.
I can give an objective summary of a text.
I can analyze how dialog or specific incident reveal information about a character or moves the story forward.
I can determine the figurative & implied meaning of words and phrases based on how they are used in a text.
I can analyze the impact word choice has on the meaning and tone of a text.
I can compare and contrast the structure of two or more texts.
I can analyze how the form or structure of a text contributes to its meaning and style.
I can analyse how differences in point of view can create suspense or horror.
I can analyze how a movie or play differs from the written text and evaluate the choices of the director/actors.
I can analyze how a modern work of fiction uses elements (themes, patterns, or character types) from traditional stories, myths, &/or the Bible.
I can read and comprehend literature at grade level.