This opinion writing mini-unit uses the book Hey, Little Ant by Phillip and Hannah Hoose as an anchor text to inspire fabulous writing! After reading the book, students will form their own opinion - should the ant be squished or not? Students can then use the outline in this unit to organize their ideas and then create a final draft (featuring an adorable ant craft!) to showcase their writing. This activity is a sure way to teach opinion writing in a way that engages and connects with young writers!
This unit includes:
- Opinion Writing Lesson Plan
- Opinion Writing Outline
- Opinion Writing Final Draft
- Hey, Little Ant Craftivity
- Opinion Writing Rubric
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store!