Expand your winter unit with this simple pack.
Information cards consist of a simple sentence describing what different animals do in the winter.
• Hedgehogs can’t find food in the winter, so they sleep through it.
• Wolves grow a thick fur coat to stay warm in the winter.
• Reindeer move around to different places during the winter to find food.
3 levels include:
• Whole group activity where the teacher reads the cards. Students take turns sorting the animal images based on the animal hibernating, migrating or adapting. There is a very basic, beginner level of extrapolation happening here.
• Small group work with students reading the cards and sorting the cards themselves (higher level) or simply sorting the animal images by remembering from the whole class activity.
• Independent work completing the sorting worksheets provided.
An extra backwards hibernate, migrate and adapt flashcards page is provided. This is for making your own flashcard, and animal felt piece set. Simply print onto iron on-transfer paper and apply it to white felt as directed on the packaging.