Hickory Dickory Dash
Hickory Dickory Dash - Math and literacy resource pack for Early Childhood!
Based on the 2018 National Simultaneous Storytime (NSS) book ‘Hickory Dickory Dash’ written by Tony Wilson and illustrated by Laura Wood, this fun and engaging resource pack provides a range of literacy and numeracy activities specifically designed for early childhood aged children.
In this pack there are a range of activities to help children develop important literacy skills including comprehension, text analysis and rhyming.
The numeracy activities focus on measuring size and identifying time to the hour and half hour (with some quarter past extension ideas).
While great to use with the book Hickory Dickory Dash, the activities can also be used in your regular literacy and numeracy centres when learning about measurement and time. They would also work well as a mini unit for the traditional nursery rhyme, 'hickory hickory dock'.
Some activities are in black and white, others are colored to print, laminate and reuse for future years.
This Activity Pack Includes –
• Hickory Dickory Dock - traditional rhyme.
• Hickory Dickory Dock - sequencing cards.
• Hickory Dickory Dash - my favourite part of the story.
• Hickory Dickory Dash - compare and contrast
• Hickory Dickory Dash - story elements printable.
• Hickory Dickory Dash - beginning, middle and end printable.
• CVC rhyming word sorting mats.
• Telling the Time play dough activity mats.
• Telling the time printables (o'clock and half past).
• Telling the time roll and cover games.
• Measurement Activity Mats.
• Positional language barrier games and more!
This resource pack comes in a zipped file, with both Australian A4 sized PDF documents and standard US sized PDF documents.
You may also like these other fun learning centre activity packs
★ Thelma the Unicorn Literacy Center Printables
★ Macca The Alpaca Literacy Center Printables
★ Fun Easter Math Centre Printables
★ Fine Motor Fun Activity Pack for Easter
★ Very Cranky Bear Literacy Fun Pack
★ Little Red Hen Makes A Pizza Literacy Pack
★ Art Elements For Kids
I hope you enjoy!
With thanks, Ness X
For other fun ideas to do with early childhood children you can check out my blog HERE
or you can follow me on Pinterest HERE