"Hickory Dickory Dash" by Tony Wilson (illustrated by Laura Wood) is the focus picture book for National Simultaneous Storytime, 11 am Wednesday 23 May 2018. You will need a copy of the picture book to make the best use of this resource.
Included in this resource are reading comprehension activities based on the picture book, "Hickory Dickory Dash". This resource includes:
* de Bono’s thinking hats - comprehension prompts
* Making Connections – text-to-self, text-to-text, text-to-world
* Character traits – mother mouse and cat
* Student-generated questioning – 5Ws and 1H
* Retelling main events – Beginning, middle, end
* © Collaborative Reading Workshop graphic organiser – burning questions, wonderings, clever connections
* Word study – inferring meanings, synonyms
* Differentiated interactive notebook pages – word study – two lists (List 2 is a challenge list)
* Text schema (cut and paste text reconstruction)
This is an Australian picture book, therefore the resource is formatted for A4 paper and uses Australian spelling.
All resources are for single personal or single classroom use only and are not to be distributed further. Multiple licenses are now available at TpT for a reduced price. No sharing of this resource is permitted through email, photocopying, internet groups/blogs, offline groups, school district or regional websites/servers, discussion lists, school websites/servers, or personal websites.
Thank you for your interest in my work! Find or follow me here: