"Hickory Dickory Dash" by Tony Wilson (illustrated by Laura Wood) is the focus picture book for National Simultaneous Storytime, 11am Wednesday 23 May 2018. You will need a copy of the picture book to make the best use of this resource.
This resource includes:
* sequencing events in the story over time - sketching main events in order, cutting and pasting times and Mother Mouse's locations from the story in order
* Time posters for explicit teaching - featuring digital, analogue and word form times from the story
* Time puzzles based on times in the story (digital analogue and word form)
* Maze - help Mother Mouse find her sons
* Venn Diagram - comparing and contrasting the traditional nursery rhyme with "Hickory Dickory Dash"
* Links to the Australian Curriculum: Mathematics -
Strand: Measurement and Geometry; Sub-Strand: Units of Measurement
This is an Australian picture book, therefore the resource is formatted for A4 paper and uses Australian spelling.
All resources are for single personal or single classroom use only and are not to be distributed further. Multiple licenses are now available at TpT for a reduced price. No sharing of this resource is permitted through email, photocopying, internet groups/blogs, offline groups, school district or regional websites/servers, discussion lists, school websites/servers, or personal websites.
Thank you for your interest in my work!
Find or follow me here: