Need some new nursery rhyme activities? This is a complete STEM Unit
to go along with the nursery rhyme "Hickory Dickory Dock!" STEM activities are so important and this pack makes them fun
for early learners! These cross-curricular activities ae sure to make your nursery rhyme unit a successful learning experience for your students!
– School Day Sundial – As a class group, create a sundial outside using shadows!
– QR Codes with links to YouTube videos with alternate versions of the rhyme – these are Safeshare links so no ads will display. There are also links for How Grandfather Clocks are Made and Explanation of a Pendulum.
– students create a pendulum ride for the mouse from Hickory Dickory Dock!
Hickory Dickory Dock Puzzle – cut out and laminate puzzle. Students put the numbers 1-10 in order to make the puzzle.
Mice Clock match-up – students can play this like Memory or simply match cards in a pocket chart!
Number Sense match-up – students choose a clock mat and find the different representations of the number on it.
Retelling activity – full color version of rhyme and a black & white copy for students. Students can circle sight words or specific letters on their copies. A cut and paste sequencing sheet is also included. There is also a pattern for making felt mice and some clock faces to create a large clock from a cereal box for a retelling center activity.
This unit is included in my STEM Nursery Rhyme Bundle 1.
• Jack Be Nimble STEM Nursery Rhyme Unit
• Little Miss Muffet STEM Nursery Rhyme Unit
• Tiny Tim STEM Nursery Rhyme Unit
• Twinkle Little Star STEM Nursery Rhyme Unit
• STEM Nursery Rhyme Bundle 1
• Nursery Rhyme Literacy Pack
• Nursery Rhyme Roll & Cover Addition & Subtraction Games!
• Nursery Rhyme Roll & Graph Activity