In 1948 a list of the most frequently used words in the English language was compiled by Edward William Dolch, PhD. He compiled the list based on words used in children's reading books in the 1930s and 40s. The list contains 220 words that must be quickly recognized in order to achieve reading fluency.
The Dolch Word List, also called Sight Words or The Dolch 220, includes pronouns, adjectives, adverbs, prepositions, conjunctions, and verbs. Sight words make up 50 to 70 percent of any general text and many can't be sounded out but must be learned by "sight" (aka memorized). Therefore, teaching The Dolch Word List is a crucial goal of education in grades kindergarten through 3. The list is divided into grade levels.
In this pack, you will find the PreK list of words in a fun coloring activity that promotes recognition of the 3-letter words as well as color recognition and following directions.
Words included in this 3-Letter PreK Pack are:
Make sure you also check out our other Sight Word
and CVC/PINK Series
CVC & Pink Series
• Vowel Tree - CVC & Pink Series
• CVC & Pink Series Flash Cards - CHUNKY
• CVC & Pink Series Flash Cards - POPPIN
• CVC & Pink Series Flash Cards - BASIC
• CVC & Pink Series Flash Cards - ALI
• CVC & Pink Series Flash Cards - DNEALIE
• CVC & Pink Series Flash Cards - SMARTIE
• Hidden Sight Words - 1 Letter Pack
• Hidden Sight Words - 1 Letter Pack in Color
• Hidden Sight Words - 2 Letter Pack
• Hidden Sight Words - 3 Letter Pack
• Hidden Sight Words - 3 Letter Pack in Color
• Hidden Sight Words BINGO Simple Pre-K Pack
• Hidden Sight Words: Fall Picture Sampler
• Hidden Sight Words: Spring Picture PreK-K Pack
* FREE Items