By request . . . here it is! Hide and Seek Year Long (Growing) Bundle for Letters!!
This offer saves you 20% versus buying each pack individually.
Hide and Seek games have been a standard part of both my Math and ELA stations for as long as I can remember. They are highly engaging, easily differentiated, can be adapted to many skills and my students NEVER get tired of them. Once your students learn this game, it will quickly become a favorite, independent activity that reinforces essential skills.
If you'd like to see how I use this product in my classroom, check out my blog post: Throw Away Those Paper/Pencil Assessments!.
Because I realize that teachers can be ‘color printer challenged,’ I have included a black and white version of all the playing pieces in each packet to help defray the cost of printing.
Included in this each months' packet:
Capital Letters in color
Capital Letters in black and white
Lowercase Letters in color
Lowercase Letters in black and white
Game banner and hiding piece in color
Game banner and hiding piece in black and white
This activity can be played on a table top, in a small pocket chart like the ones you find at the Dollar Spot at Target or in a larger, traditional-sized pocket chart if you are using many numbers. Place a set of cards in the pocket chart. One student takes the small hiding piece (or pieces if you choose to use more than one playing card) and places it behind one of the letter cards while the other students turn their backs and hide their eyes. Once the card is hidden, students can then turn back and take turns indicating which card they believe the playing piece is hidden behind by identifying the letter (or sound). It is not enough just to point, they must read the card. If they find the hiding piece behind the card they identified, they get to hide it next. If they guess incorrectly, it becomes someone else’s turn.
To differentiate this activity, limit or expand the cards offered. I like to store my cards in color coded pencil cases. Students choose the pencil case that relates to their tiered ‘color.’ So some of my students may work with only letters in their name, lowercase, capital letters, sounds or a mixture.
This packet includes
• April Hide and Seek - Letter Edition
• Back To School Hide and Seek - August Letter Edition
• December Hide and Seek - Letter Edition
• Hide and Seek - February Letter Edition
• Hide and Seek - March Letter Edition
• January Winter's Here Grab Your Gear Hide and Seek - Letter Edition
• November Falling Leaves Hide and Seek - Letter Edition
• October Fire Safety Hide and Seek - Letter Edition
• September Hide and Seek - Letter Edition
Related EDITABLE SIGHT WORD Products
• APRIL EDITABLE- Hide and Seek - Sight Word Edition
• AUGUST EDITABLE Hide and Seek-12 Differentiated Sight Word Sets
• DECEMBER EDITABLE -Hide and Seek 12 Different Sight Word Sets
• EDITABLE BUNDLE - Hide and Seek Sight Words
• FEBRUARY EDITABLE- Hide and Seek - Sigh Word Edition
• JANUARY EDITABLE - Hide and Seek 12 Different Sight Word Sets
• JULY EDITABLE Hide and Seek-12 Differentiated Sight Word Sets
• MARCH EDITABLE - Hide and Seek 12 Different Sight Word Sets
• NOVEMBER EDITABLE - Hide and Seek 12 Different Sight Word Sets
• OCTOBER EDITABLE - Hide and Seek 12 Different Sight Word Sets
• SEPTEMBER EDITABLE - Hide and Seek 12 Different Sight Word Sets
Related NUMBERS HIDE AND SEEK Products
• April Hide and Seek-Numbers Edition
• August Hide and Seek - Numbers Edition
• February Hide and Seek - Numbers Edition
• Hide and Seek Year Long Bundle - Number Edition (Growing Bundle)
• Holiday Hide and Seek - Numbers Edition
• January Hide and Seek - Numbers Edition
• March Hide and Seek - Numbers Edition
• May Hide and Seek - Numbers Edition
• November Hide and Seek - Numbers Edition
• October Hide and Seek - Numbers Edition
• September Hide and Seek - Numbers Edition
I hope you enjoy this game. If you have any questions, suggestions or requests, please feel free to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.