These “High 5 Hands” are a fun, engaging tool to use while helping your students learn their letters and sounds. My students love them!
• Copy the hands onto colored paper (I do groups of 5 and 6 on each color). Cut them out, and sort by color
• Introduce the letters/sounds to your students, one color at a time (whichever order you prefer)
• Put them up in your classroom in a desired area (ie: on your classroom door).
• Have your students high 5 the hands daily. They must say the letters and/or sounds out loud when they high 5 them. You can do this however you wish (example: they can high 5 them every morning when they enter the classroom, and everyday before they leave for home; if they finish their work early, they can high 5; they can do it each time they enter and leave the room, etc. It’s up to you!)
• Once they have mastered one color, add another into the mix (don’t remove previous color, as they should still be practicing them, and it allows for confidence building.)
I have also sent these home to parents, and they have found them an easy and useful way to practice with their children.
This document includes all letters of the alphabet, and the following sounds:
This is a Microsoft Word Document, so it can be edited to your liking.
I have glued images on the hands, underneath the sounds to serve as reminders for the children. Should you wish to purchase these, they are in my store for $1, and titled "sound images clip art."
I also have High Five Hands - Sight Words (K/1) available to purchase, If you'd like both of them, I have them bundled for a cheaper price.