These “High 5 Hands” are a fun, engaging tool to use while helping your students learn their sight words.
• Copy the sight word hands onto colored paper (I do groups of 5 and 6 on each color). Cut them out, and sort by color
• Introduce the words to your students, one color at a time (no particular order)
• Put them up in your classroom in a desired area (ie: on your classroom door).
• Have your students high 5 the words daily. They must read the words out loud when they high 5 them. You can do this however you wish (example: they can high 5 them every morning when they enter the classroom, and everyday before they leave for home; if they finish their work early, they can high 5; they can do it each time they enter and leave the room, etc. It’s up to you!)
• Once they have mastered one color, add another into the mix (don’t remove previous color, as they should still be practicing them, and it allows for confidence building.
I have also sent these home to parents, and they have found them an easy and usefeul way to practice sight words with their children.
The following 40 words are included:
a for is on to
and from it one too
are go like play up
at have look said was
be he me see we
but here my the with
can I no they yes
come in of this you
This is a Microsoft Word Document, so words can be edited and added to your liking.
I also have High Five Hands - Letters/Sounds available to purchase, If you'd like both of them, I have them bundled for a cheaper price.