This product includes 25 Mini-Flashcards (each about 1.3” x 2”),
3 pages of Sight-Word Bingo cards, and a Sight-Word Progress Bookmark with Editable Nameplate.
It also includes Suggestions for Use.
Kids love to use the Mini-Flashcards and play Sight-Word Bingo!
~ It reinforces learning by giving them a fun reason to know and use the high-frequency words.
~ It’s not meant to teach the high-frequency words, but for PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!
~ By having students create their own Bingo cards, they will practice spelling and writing the words!
~ Work as a class, in small groups, or in student pairs.
Suggestions for Use:
I print both the Mini-Flashcards and Sight-Word Bingo cards on cardstock, then laminate before cutting the cards (but make sure the lamination you use is the type that bonds to the paper, not just to itself, or you will need to laminate after cutting the cards out).
Here’s how I use the Mini-Flashcards and BINGO Cards once they’re ready:
• Store the mini-flashcards in snack-sized, zip-lock baggies, one for each student. I print out address labels that include, “Name: ___” and “Sight Words to Practice” to label baggies. Get Labels Free at Flynn's Flair Store.
• Give each student a second zip-lock with address label: “Sight Words I Know” so that as they learn the word on a card, they will transfer the card to this baggie. Get Labels Free at Flynn's Flair Store.
• Lay all (or some) of the words out, face up, and have students play “Race the Clock” by setting a 1- or 2-minute timer, say and pick-up the words they know. Then sort the words into the two categories (above). Have students use the word in a sentence before placing the card in the “…I Know” baggie.
• Students can work in pairs to practice reading the words and using them in sentences.
• Students can play the Sight-Word BINGO game. There are 3 pages of BINGO cards: the first page has 4 identical cards (Card # 1); the next page has 4 different cards (Cards 2-5), and the last page has blank cards for you or your students to create your own cards. After laminating, students use Vis-à-vis markers to write words on the cards. Vis-à-vis stays on nicely until wiped clean with a damp cloth.
• I have each student track his/her success on a Sight Word Progress Bookmark. There is a sticker-spot for every 25 words they learn - 8 stickers for 200 words on one bookmark (included: page 8 of this file).
• You can also send the Mini-Flashcards home with a note asking parents to sort and review the words with their children, using each word in a sentence.
Thank you for downloading my product!
This product was created by me for single classroom use only.
Please be kind and leave a comment and rating after reviewing this product. In return, I will be able to create more FREEBIES for your classroom!
Follow me at Flynn’s Flair to receive updates, new product descriptions.,
and FREEBIE Notifications!