High Frequency Word List
- High frequency, low density word list (/ʃ/ in the initial, medial and final position of 1, 2 and 3+ syllable words)
- Picture cards, with selected high frequency, low density words (/ʃ/ in the initial, medial and final position)
- Word cards with selected high frequency, low density words (/ʃ/ in the initial, medial and final position)
- Print in color and laminate for extended use
- Use during play and drill-play activities
- Treatment of high frequency, low density words resulted in generalization effects that were greater than by chance (Morrisette & Gierut, 2002).
- Word frequencyrefers to the number of times a particular word occurs in a language.
- Neighborhood density is defined as the number of words that minimally differ in phonetic structure from a given word as based on a one-phoneme substitution, addition, or deletion (e.g., rock, ache, cake, and break are neighbors of rake).
- High frequency words as targets in treatment resulted in system wide improvements in children’s phonologies, spanning treated and untreated sounds within and across classes (Morrisette & Gierut, 2002).
- The results from Morrisette & Gierut, 2002 may be used explicitly to plan for generalization in treatment.
I hope you enjoy this freebie!