Welcome to the High Frequency Word Monitoring system. This excel operated tool is for early year practitioners, primary teachers, personal tutors and reading recovery specialists. It allows individual students to be periodically assessed, analysed and monitored over time and keep everything organised in their reading file.
As a reading recovery teacher and personal tutor, I use this system for convenience and paper free organisation. It allows me to assess how many high frequency words my student can read and write over a period of time.
1) The First 100 HFW - You can monitor how many of the first 100 HFW the student can read and spell. You can mark which words they know, and record other responses.
2) The Next HFW list- When the student is ready, you can begin to assess their being able to read and spell the next HFW list of words.
3) MENU SNAPSHOT - An easy to view snapshot of the child's total of words they can read and write and a graph to show the progression over time.
4) DIARY LOG - Every time the child has a session of reading and spelling you can submit latest scores to the diary log . This can be saved as a PDF and printed.
5) SAVE AS PDF - Both the HFW diary and individual HFW mark pages can be saved as a PDF file for archiving or printing.
This system has been brought together by just another passionate educator such as yourself, who wants to make early learning accessible enough without a price tag and for us to truly understand where our children are in their confidence, ability and skill set. Also available are the Rock&Read Digital Running Record, Observation Survey tasks to assess which children need support, and the phonic phase assessment toolkit. These can either be purchased separately or together in one Rock&Read package to get a complete picture of your student in one handy place.