Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
Heart Words are exactly what you want if you're looking for effective high frequency word instruction. Teaching Heart Words will transform your sight word instruction and your students will thank you for it.
The Heart Word Method uses orthographic mapping to help students remember the parts of irregular words that do not follow rules. Phonetically regular parts of the word are decoded as normal, but the tricky parts of the word are explicitly taught. This is the part they will learn 'by heart'.
This is a no prep resource that uses best teaching practices for sight word instruction. Use these when introducing and teaching sight words, at centers, or for homework. Simply print out the worksheet, follow the lesson guide, and watch your students learn these sight words with ease!
This bundle includes:
- Heart Words worksheets for all 220 Dolch sight words
- Editable Heart Words Template to use with any high frequency word (with video tutorial)
- Clickable sight words list to jump to the page
- Step-by-step Heart Words routine for introducing and teaching sight words
- An instructional guide to using this resource
- Links to more resources to help with teaching high frequency words
Blog posts up may enjoy:
Resources you may also love:
Thank you so much for choosing my products for your classroom and homeschooling needs!
Delilah Orpi, MsEd.
Thrive Literacy Corner
Copyright ©️ 2021 Thrive Educational Services, LLC
Purchasing this resource grants permission for use by one teacher in his/her classroom. Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this resource with others.