Need an activity to give your kindergarten, first, and second-grade students practice reading high-frequency words? This rainbow-themed activity will help your students move along that path to recognizing them as sight words!
Get ‘em engaged with learning! Your students will:
- Read a high-frequency word.
- Roll a die.
- Build or color part of a rainbow.
This easy-to-individualize activity is perfect for your small instructional groups (guided reading, intervention, or resource) or as an independent literacy center. It’s a handy resource for assistants, volunteers, or substitutes.
Try it for St. Patrick’s Day or any day of the year!
This resource includes a total of 355 high-frequency word cards (9 per page).
- 220 pre-primer, primer, first, second, and third-grade words from a popular list.
- The remaining words from the 300 most commonly used words list.
Choose words to meet the learning needs of your students.
Use these high-frequency word cards with other games and activities to give your students even more practice! The more exposure the more likely these words will become your students’ sight words.
Go ahead and let your students roll-a-rainbow with any set of skill cards you already have on hand!
- 2 pages teacher information
- 2 pages color rainbow parts
- 1 page black/ white rainbow to color
- 1 page color direction card to build
- 1 page color direction card to color
- 1 page black/ white direction card to color
- 2 pages color card backs
- 40 pages color word cards
- 2 pages black/ white card backs
- 40 pages black/ gray/ white word cards
Check Out More Resources
Don’t Lose Out
Be sure to follow my store! You’ll receive email updates about new resources and discounts. New resources are often 50% off for the first 48 hours!
Don’t forget to provide constructive feedback. You’ll help me continue to create quality instructional resources that are useful for your classroom.
Better yet, TpT will give you feedback credits that you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
Just go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the resource.