PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Fluency is something we are striving for with all our students. This packet is an excellent way to help your students become more fluent and develop that automaticity with their high frequency words. There are many different fun activities that your students will enjoy doing while practicing those very important reading skills.
This packet covers each week for Benchmark Advance Units 1 - 10. That's 30 weeks with six different activities for each week. Plus there are short reading cards to put on a ring for each week for you students to pick up and practice anytime to develop that smooth automatic fluency that is so important.
Here are the activities included in this packet. (Please check out the preview.)
* Write the words, spin and color the words, and build each of the words.
* Match the high frequency focus words.
* Read and highlight the sight words in the sentences.
Find the words two times in the word search and write the words.
* Highlight the sight words in the sentences and complete the sentences.
Write your own sentences and draw a picture to match.
* Invisible Words: Write the words with a white crayon and then highlight
to reveal the word. Write the words in a sentence and draw a picture to match.
* Color the words, write the words.
Read the fluency paragraph and highlight the high frequency words.
Answer the questions about the text.
* Reading cards of the fluency paragraph that can be put on rings for your students
to practice anytime/ anywhere.
*Word cards for all the High Frequency Words.
These activities work great for homework, intervention, small group work or as a
literacy / word work station.
Please check out some of my other Benchmark First Grade Products.