Also included in
- These middle or high school painting lessons can be done in the classroom or via distance learning if the students have the necessary materials. All of my resources are formatted so that they can upload easily to Google Classroom and shared digitally with your students. Students can watch video de$18.50$22.50Save $4.00
- This bundle of middle or high school art lessons works great for distance learning or in class teaching. It contains all of the lessons in my shop as of 7/21/2020. All of my lessons are created so you can share them with students through Google Classroom. The presentations are all in a shareable$220.00$278.75Save $58.75
- This bundle of high school art lessons includes a wide variety of materials to use in the high school art class. They can all be taught via distance learning or in the classroom. It comes with a suggested sequence for an Introduction to Art Curriculum with suggestions for modifying lessons accordi$150.00$192.25Save $42.25
- This Beginner Drawing Visual Art Curriculum is perfect for any Introduction to Art or Art 1 Class. It is excellent for middle or high school art classes or your homeschool art curriculum. It will save you tons of time and contains everything you need to teach your students the fundamentals of art$105.00$149.00Save $44.00
This high school art painting lesson is great for teaching color theory to high school, middle school, or even college students. It is great for distance learning or in the classroom. It includes a PowerPoint to show your students explaining the color wheel and how to use a split primary painting palette. Within the PowerPoint is a video demonstration showing exactly how to fill in the color theory worksheet using the proper painting technique. The link to the video is also included on the worksheet so students can scan the worksheet and see the video right from their own device even if you do not load it to Google Classroom.
Students learn to mix all of their secondary and tertiary colors from a warm and cool version of each primary color. They learn how color printers use cyan, magenta, and yellow to print all of their colors and how commercial paints are not true to the exact colors on the color wheel. They become familiar with common available commercial paint colors and learn how to determine whether they are cool or warm.
These handouts and worksheets are in both PowerPoint and PDF form so you can project and present to your students and hand out the copies for reference as they paint. Also included are photos of finished examples pointing out common mistakes for reference. Students mix each hue with its complement to get the tones and with white for the tints. Also included is a handout/worksheet explaining how to mix chromatic blacks and grays. These concepts are the key to getting students to create depth and dimension in their work by mixing color and learning how to get darker tones without using black paint.
All of my lessons can be shared with your students through Google Classroom or any digital platform and are formatted to work for distance learning or in the classroom. They are designed to save you time and help your students access the tutorials, presentations, videos, or worksheets as easily as possible. You can find more ready-to-go, easy-to-follow, time-saving art lessons in my TPT SHOP.
You may also like:
- Digital Portfolio for Student Artwork
- Middle or High School Art Project Bundle
- Beginner Line Drawing Art Project Bundle for Middle or High School
Having difficulty with a file?
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
• Click the green star to get email notifications about new resources & sales.
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page. Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment. You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!