These biology crosswords make wonderful vocabulary reviews for high school students. This pack consists of ten anatomy and physiology crossword puzzles, plus an answer key.
The crossword puzzles are:
1)The Body Plan & Skeletal System (periosteum, smooth muscle, osteocytes, skeletal system, ligaments, ossification, fracture, cardiac muscle, bone marrow, appendicular skeleton, movable joint, organ, axial skeleton, haversian, muscle, rheumatoid arthritis, epithelial tissue, osteoarthritis, joint, nervous tissue, semimovable joint, synovial fluid, connective tissue, fixed joint)
2) The Circulatory System (hemoglobin, systemic circulation, valve, sinoatrial, blood pressure, pulse, vein, arteries, atrioventricular, atria, ventricles, leukocytes, platelets, plasma, capillaries, lymph, hypertension, circulatory, pulmonary circulation, erythrocytes, atherosclerosis)
3) The Muscular & Integumentary System (actin, fibers, exocrine gland, tendon, oil gland, oxygen debt, muscle fatigue, dermis, sarcomere, flexor, epidermis, involuntary muscle, voluntary muscle, myosin, fascicles, sweat, extensor, myofibrils, integumentary, keratin, melanin, voluntary)
4) The Respiratory System (bronchioles, pharynx, internal, bronchi, respiratory, larynx, alveoli, expiration, inspiration, external, epiglottis, lungs, diaphragm)
5) The Immune System (antigen, interferon, antibody, humoral, pathogen, allergy, asthma, HIV, histamine, helper T cell, autoimmune, vaccination, barrier defense, memory cells, cell-mediated, complement system, lymphocyte, neutrophils, cytotoxic T cells, phagocytes, inflammatory response)
6) The Digestive System (pharynx, chyme, nutrient, pancreas, cardiac, gallbladder, amylase, ulcer, villi, large intestine, small intestine, dehydration, peristalsis, pyloric, digestion, epiglottis, vitamins, minerals, liver)
7) The Urinary System (urethra, urine, urea, filtration, ammonia, medulla, cortex, kidneys, bladder, pelvis, renal, glomerules, ureter, reabsorption, ureter, Bowman's capsule, nephrons, excretion)
8) The Nervous System (dendrites, peripheral, central, cortex, axon, reflexes, hypothalamus, autonomic, action potentials, neurotransmitters, interneurons, nerves, thalamus, somatic, resting potential, refractory period, brain stem, neuron, synapses, cerebrum, cerebellum, medulla oblongata)
9) The Endocrine System (growth hormone, parathyroid, ovaries, oxytocin, pituitary gland, thymus, thyroid, prostaglandins, fat soluble, pancreas, adrenocorticotropic, antidiuretic, prolactin, water soluble, target cell, luteinizing hormone, pineal gland, second messenger, endocrine, neuropeptides)
10) The Reproductive System (ovaries, vulva, labia, uterus, vas deferens, prostate gland, ovulation, seminal vesicle, vagina, seminiferous tubules, penis, fallopian tubes, epididymis, menstruation, luteal phase, ovulation, testes, bulbourethral gland, scrotum)
Check out my preview to see what you're getting!
WANT MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK? Find this volume in a bundle of 56 biology crossword puzzles! That means vocabulary review for an ENTIRE YEAR!
An Entire Year of High School Crossword Puzzles!
You can also find each volume individually below:
Volume 1: Foundations of BiologyVolume 2: Cell BiologyVolume 3: Genetics & BiotechnologyVolume 4: EvolutionVolume 5: EcologyVolume 6: MicrobiologyVolume 7: PlantsVolume 8: InvertebratesVolume 9: VertebratesVolume 10: Human Biology
You may also be interested in my Experimental Design and Scientific Method Exploration Stations: Experimental Design and Scientific Method Exploration Stations
Follow me on Pinterest for fun science freebies and ideas! The Biophile's Classroom
I put a great deal of effort and pride into each of my products. Follow my store for product updates and freebies, and feel free to write a review of this product!