These biology crosswords make wonderful vocabulary reviews for high school students. This pack consists of five crossword puzzles, plus an answer key.
The crossword puzzles are:
1) Cell Structure and Function (centrioles, cytoskeleton, peroxisomes, prokaryotes, Golgi, eukaryotes, mitochondria, chloroplast, rough/smooth endoplasmic reticulum, vacuole, cytosol, ribosomes, phospholipids, nucleolus, cytoplasm, cell wall, plasma membrane, lysosomes)
2) Cell Transport (exocytosis, facilitated diffusion, hypertonic, equilibrium, turgor, plasmolysis, isotonic, pinocytosis, passive transport, contractile vacuole, endocytosis, phagocytosis, active transport, ions, osmosis, hypotonic, cytolysis, diffusion)
3) Photosynthesis (CAM, heterotrophs, chloroplast, electron, chemiosmosis, carotenoids, pigments, thylakoids, light, photosystem, autotrophs, stroma, Calvin, stomata)
4) Cellular Respiration (pyruvic acid, fermentation, aerobic, citric acid, glycolysis, lactic acid fermentation, kilocalorie, oxaloacetic acid, alcoholic fermentation, cytosol, FAD, mitochondrial membrane, Krebs cycle, FADH, NADH, mitochondrial matrix)
5) Mitosis & Meiosis (chromosomes, autosome, anaphase, mitosis, centromere, telophase, karyotype, meiosis, histones, crossing over, binary fission, tetrad, metaphase, chromatin, cytokinesis, asexual, spermatogenesis, synapsis, interphase, diploid, haploid, prophase, oogenesis, gametes, homologous)
Check out my preview to see what you're getting!
WANT MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK? Find this volume in a bundle of 56 biology crossword puzzles! That means vocabulary review for an ENTIRE YEAR!
An Entire Year of High School Crossword Puzzles!
You can also find each volume individually below:
Volume 1: Foundations of BiologyVolume 2: Cell BiologyVolume 3: Genetics & BiotechnologyVolume 4: EvolutionVolume 5: EcologyVolume 6: MicrobiologyVolume 7: PlantsVolume 8: InvertebratesVolume 9: VertebratesVolume 10: Human Biology
You may also be interested in my Experimental Design and Scientific Method Exploration Stations: Experimental Design and Scientific Method Exploration Stations
Follow me on Pinterest for fun science freebies and ideas! The Biophile's Classroom
I put a great deal of effort and pride into each of my products. Follow my store for product updates and freebies, and feel free to write a review of this product!