Products in this Bundle (11)
showing 1-5 of 11 products
Need some ideas for fun Biology labs, experiments, and activities? Never taught a high school Biology course and don't know where to start? These fun and easy labs are the perfect solution! Topics covered include: characteristics of living things, scientific method, properties of water, enzymes, cells, osmosis, cellular respiration, DNA, transcription, human genetics, and biotechnology.
Save yourself TONS of time and also save 20% instead of purchasing the labs individually!
Each lab or activity includes teacher directions, a materials list, student procedures, discussion questions, and an answer key.
These labs are thorough, well-planned, and have been implemented many times in my own classroom. I've used these activities with both public school classes and homeschool co-op classes because they cover all of the essential biology topics and use inexpensive materials.
Labs included in this bundle:
1. Characteristics of Living Things- Students use non-living objects to investigate what characteristics are shared by all living things
2. Finding the Lighthouse Diamond- Solve a mystery using the scientific method
3. Properties of Water- Stations to illustrate the unique properties of water (ex: cohesion, adhesion)
4. Potato Enzyme Lab- Demonstrate enzymatic reactions using catalase from potatoes*
5. Diffusion & Osmosis- Use deshelled eggs to observe hypertonic and hypotonic solutions*
6. Introductory Microscope Lab- Practice microscope skills and observe cellular organelles*
7. DNA Extraction Lab- Extract visible DNA from strawberries*
8. DNA Sequencing- Make silly sentences to practice protein synthesis
9. Human Genetic Traits- Examine dominant and recessive traits within the class
10. Biotechnology Lessons- Learn about biotechnology including genetic engineering, CRISPR, and DNA fingerprinting
11. Barf Bag Lab- Observe the process of fermentation in this wonderfully gross lab*
*Update: These five labs now have a video demonstration available on my YouTube channel. They go perfectly along with the lab directions and student worksheets.
*Click on the PREVIEW of each resource to get a closer look at the resources available in this bundle.*