Products in this Bundle (7)
showing 1-5 of 7 products
Are you looking for practical and real-world high school career education resources that will prepare students for life beyond high school? Are you required to include college career ready high school curriculum, vocational education, and/or technical education this year, but aren't sure where to start nor do you have the time to develop effective resources?
Then this career prep bundle is for you. This college and career readiness bundle was specifically designed for career and vocational education, preparing students for post-secondary life.
The resources in this high school career education bundle focus on:
- Career exploration
- Skill-building (21st-century skills/soft skills/life skills)
- Resume building through real-world experiential learning activities
- Career portfolio development - students build resumes, prepare work samples, add volunteer work, and more
How to use this bundle:
1. Career exploration: Students use the career project-based learning (PBL) resource to explore careers of interest, which will be the focal point of the following experiences.
2. Resume-Builders: Students then choose among the PBL resume-builders included in this bundle to do. PBL adds a real-world and authentic learning element that is important for career readiness. These experiences can be added to their career portfolios as they happen.
3. Start a Business: Students can take an entrepreneurship direction if they wish and develop and start their own businesses using the resource included as a guide.
4. Skill-Building: Students add evidence of skills competency to their 21st-century skill-building portfolios throughout the career prep experience.
5. Career Portfolio: Finally, students will add all of those experiences into a career portfolio template to showcase their skills, abilities, strengths, network, etc. Students can take these digital portfolios with them and utilize them when applying for schools and/or jobs.
The goal of this bundle is for students to walk away with career options, the tools and skills to succeed in the 21st-century workplace, and a robust portfolio of experiences and skills to help them stand out and demonstrate their overall value.
All resources have a printable and digital option (Google Apps & Easel).
Grab my free self-directed project-based learning implementation spreadsheet to help you manage projects and progress!
Each project-based learning resume builder (x4) includes:
- Guidelines for teachers and students
- Brainstorming activity ideas
- Project planner
- Project proposal
- Project reflection
- Project rubric
Start a Business Resource:
- Business portfolio checklist
- Project overview
- Business plan templates
- Business operations spreadsheet
- Business plan rubric
- Business portfolio rubric
Career portfolio template includes:
- Table of contents - the digital version includes clickable links from the table of contents to corresponding slide numbers for quick and easy navigation.
- Editable and digital templates for all career portfolio sections including a cover page, resume, work sample pages, references, a philosophy statement, and more.
- Career portfolio rubric
*** This resource is a digital Google Slides. All text is editable.
21st-century skills portfolio includes (PDF and Google Slides):
- Teacher guide
- Journal entry forms
- 21st-century skills checklist
- Self-evaluation form
- Portfolio planner
- Entry reflection form
- Rubric word bank for student-generated rubric categories
Bonus Resource: This bundle includes a free ($3.50 value) learning reflection digital slideshow template.
If you like this product, check out these similar resources:
Take a look at these FREE teacher tools to help implement the resources in this bundle:
Relevant Blog Posts:
Interested in new resource alerts, freebies, tips, tricks, and more?
- Click the green star for new resource alerts
- Experiential Learning Facebook Group
Earn TPT Credits:
Follow Experiential Learning Depot and earn TpT credits by giving feedback on this product. A sincere thank you for your business. Feel free to contact me through email at any time with questions on this product - firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover Font Credit: Mr. FISK Fonts