A collection of 8 word sort/concept attainment activities for high school chemistry topics. Some of these may be appropriate for middle school physical science classes as well.
The following word sorts are included:
Table of Contents:
1. Lab Safety- True/False Sentence Sort
2. States of Matter- Properties Word Sort
3. Chemical/Physical Properties Word Sort
4. Intensive/Extensive Properties Word Sort
5. Types of Matter Word Sort (Element, Compound, Homogeneous Mixture, Heterogenous Mixture)
6. Types of Bonding Word Sort (Ionic, Covalent, Metallic)
7. Types of Chemical Reactions Sort (Synthesis, Decomposition, Single Replacement, Double Displacement, Combustion)
8. Intermolecular Forces Word Sort (LDF, D-D, H-bond, Ionic)
This activity can be used as a preview (assessing prior knowledge), warm-up, or review.